Gamerz Station (Forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gamerz Station (Forum)

A place where Gamers unite for help, to find a team, ask request, and more.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the United Gamerz Community Forum. A place to talk about nearly anything, when ever you want..look around and have fun..the site is being updated everyday Smile
Gamerz Station's website has been launched. Check it out here... NOW!

New Survival-Horror Game From Skie Games (Me) Details

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SnakeYukin
Admin
Admin
SnakeYukin

Warning Level : New Survival-Horror Game From Skie Games (Me) Details WarningBar-Gloss1

New Survival-Horror Game From Skie Games (Me) Details Empty
PostSubject: New Survival-Horror Game From Skie Games (Me) Details   New Survival-Horror Game From Skie Games (Me) Details EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 12:24 am

Alright, so I've been thinking about doing a survival-horror game for a couple of months, but I wasn't sure of what to do. Originally, this was going to be made in RPG Maker VX and use quick images popping up to create a scare or other tricks to get around the fact the game is a sprite game. I believed this would have worked well, though trying to incorporate and create the images would be hard at points.

Recently though, after reading an article, I had a different idea for a survival-horror game using some of the points in the article. And here are some elements/plans for the game

First is that weapons are pointless to use against enemies. The fact that you can easily use a weapon, a gun or knife, against an enemy and kill it takes away from the suspense and horror. An obvious problem is that without weapons, as a developer, you'll need a way to point the player in the right direction so they can get through and away from them; however, I believe I might have figured out a solution to that.

The use of weapons in the game will be used to solve slight hindrances and puzzles: such as shooting the lock on a door or breaking a door with an axe. As the location of the game is the protagonist's home, there won't be silly solutions and puzzles that need to be solved to get a key halfway across the location.

Second is that I'll be taking some things from both the Silent Hill series and Eternal Darkness. Each monster faced will have an underlying meaning about them and the game will try to create a mix of both emotional scares (being scared of what lies ahead) and cheap scares (something popping out at them): which will be from the Silent Hill series. Throughout the game, there will be different times that the player will experience hallucinations (both scripted ones and ones caused by the player) during the game and it will increase as the game goes on: based off of Eternal Darkness in a sense, but without the sanity meter.

Third, the game is planned to a first-person game. After thinking about which would work for the best, it became obvious that several of the current scenes planned would work with the best effect in this viewpoint.

There's probably more I could add, but these are the main points to me.

Currently, the game is just in a conception stage where I'm trying to flesh out ideas on the game. After that, I'll begin to write an early script for the game, and then I'll finally begin to work on the game and find a team.

I'll update here as I finish more of the creation of the game.

And yes, I'm finally deciding to create an indie game company which might primarily consist of me.

Right now, this game is codenamed Sanity.
Back to top Go down
http://snakeyukin.awardspace.com
SnakeYukin
Admin
Admin
SnakeYukin

Warning Level : New Survival-Horror Game From Skie Games (Me) Details WarningBar-Gloss1

New Survival-Horror Game From Skie Games (Me) Details Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Survival-Horror Game From Skie Games (Me) Details   New Survival-Horror Game From Skie Games (Me) Details EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 11:32 am

This game is currently considered as on hold... possibly for a couple of years.
Back to top Go down
http://snakeyukin.awardspace.com

New Survival-Horror Game From Skie Games (Me) Details
Page 1 of 1